Monday, December 20, 2010

Disappointment

I have been noticing something lately.  I have been noticing just how much people are truly willing to be there for each other.  And sadly enough, it hasn't been very often. 

Let me first say, my husband is one of those kinds of people that the minute you call him and ask him to do ANYTHING for you, he's there.  It used to drive me up the wall because he spent SOOOO much time helping others that he wasn't around the house that often for me.  But he was trying to be there for everyone.  I have finally learned to let it go.  But here's the problem.  There's been 2 times he's needed help with something, and the people I excepted to help him with things, are unavailable.  These people are Christians we spent time with in worship, people I would have thought would have returned the kindness my husband has shown them.  Instead, it has been other Christians that we have gotten close to and people who don't even go to church.

Now don't get me wrong...this does NOT cause me to lose my faith in God or think "What's the point of going to church when my own "people" aren't even offering help.".  It reminds me how important it is to really be there for people and stop getting caught up in my own life. 

There's a song by Matthew West that has become my favorite song...it is  "My own little world".  It has really opened my eyes to what we as human beings need to be doing for each other as well as for those in need.   

No comments:

Post a Comment