Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Learning to respect.

I have been learning how to respect my husband...and I have to tell you, I never thought it would be this hard.  It's totally worth it, and he deserves every last drop and more , but I struggle to find the best ways to show constant respect to him.  I've also noticed that my old sinful nature likes to argue with me about the process sometimes. 

The simple act of handing him a plate of dinner after a long, hard day at work is the best way I know how to do it right now.  I've been trying to make sure the house is clean, the dishes are done, and the laundry is done and put away (the laundry part hasn't gone quite as well as I would like). 

I've been trying to watch everything I say and make sure it's said in a respectful tone, instead of being rude or having a smart mouth about it.  When he asks me to run an errand for him, I try very hard not to complain about having to go do it.  I used to HATE running errands for him because something always seemed to go wrong....but I'm learning as I go.

One of the biggest ways I think I've learned to respect him lately is learning to let go of the past.  I had one remaining piece of the nightmarish part of our marriage and I finally had a "ceremonial" burning of it the other day.  It felt so good and so freeing to watch it burn and disappear from our lives.  I should have done it a long time ago, but at least it has been done now.  

I'm realizing more and more each day just how important he is to me.  I'm definitely blessed! 

1 comment:

  1. You've sure come a long way, Cynthia, and I'm so proud of you for it. It's not always easy to walk the narrow path, but it's ultimately the most rewarding journey a person could ever take. :) Love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete