Monday, December 13, 2010

Revelations 3:8-13 Obeying God and persevering.

8.  "I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can shut.  You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word, and did not deny me.
9.  Look!  I will force those who belong to Satan--those liars who say they are Jews but are not--to come and bow down at your feet.  They will acknowledge that you are the ones I love.
10.  "Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world.
11.  Look, I am coming quickly.  Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown. 
12.  All who are victorious will become pillars in the Temple of my God, and they will never have to leave it.  And I will write my God's name on them, and they will be citizens in the city of my God--the new Jerusalem that comes down from heaven from my God.  And they will have my new name inscribed upone them. 
13.  Anyone who is willing to hear should listen to the Spirit and understand what the Spirit is saying to the churches.

I had such an amazing day yesterday.  God really showed me some wonderful things and it left me in complete awe!!!!
Actually it all started on Saturday night.  Our pastor was talking about giving ourselves FULLY to God...and I said a little prayer to God giving myself completely.  Then, the next day I got into a "discussion" with my husband about church and his leadership roll.  Although he HAS been taking on the leadership roll, he isn't enjoying it.  And honestly, I completely understand.  It's a VERY heavy responsibility and it scares me to death when I think about if it were ever to be my responsibility.  By the time the conversation was over, I was praying a very heavy prayer that he does things the way God wants it done.
At first I was very bummed out about how stressed he is about all this.  But then I realized that that "discussion" was a way of seeing how much I had really given myself to God.  When I realized that Satan is trying to irritate both me and my husband it honestly made me very happy!  Because inspite of all the stupid things I do on a daily basis, God still finds me useful.  I don't deserve it, but he IS using me and I LOVE IT!
Please pray for me that I do everything the way God wants it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment